My top reads from 2014 are listed below:
1. Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy With God – Timothy Keller (2014)
I’ve read many books about prayer over the last 25 years. This is the best by far!
2. Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Christian Belief – John Frame
Ranks alongside Wayne Grudem’s Systematic Theology as the best of the best.
See my review
3. Edwards on the Christian Life – Dane Ortlund
Dane Ortlund offers up a well-written book on the theology of Jonathan Edwards.
4. Gospel-Powered Humility – William Farley (2011)
A powerful treatment that every Christian needs to read and re-read.
5. Hand in HAND – Randy Alcorn (2014)
Alcorn offers good biblical wisdom on paradox of God’s sovereignty and human responsibility.
6. Jesus Continued – J.D. Greear (2014)
A terrific look at the ministry of the Holy Spirit from a Reformed perspective.
7. The Advocate – Randy Singer (2014)
A behind the scenes account of Theophilus in the first century. Historical fiction that sings! Highly recommended.
8. Essentialism – Greg McKeown(2014)
Personal productivity at it’s best.
9.True Beauty – Carolyn Mahaney (2014)
10. What’s Best Next – Matthew Perman
Gospel-centered personal productivity.