2015 was an exceptional year for books. Here are my top 10:
1. A History of Western Philosophy and Theology – John Frame
The best overview of western philosophy and theology in print.
2. Finding Truth – Nancy Pearcey
Another landmark book by Nancy Pearcey.
3. Awe – Paul David Tripp
Prepare to be blown away by this breaktaking book.
4. We Cannot Be Silent – Al Mohler
Bold truth from a leading Evangelical thinker.
5. Luther and the Christian Life – Carl Trueman
Helpful lessons from the “Wild Bull in the Vineyard.”
6. The Daring Mission of William Tyndale – Steven Lawson
A soul-shaking biography by my favorite preacher, Dr. Steven Lawson.
6. Preaching: Communicating Faith in an Age of Skepticism – Timothy Keller
The best book on preaching for 2015.
7. Help My Unbelief – Barnabas Piper
8. Luther and Katerina – Judy Hedlund
9.Experiencing the Trinity – Joe Thorn
Everything Joe Thorn writes is gold.
10. What is Experiential Calvinism – Ian Hamilton
Extremely helpful little book for lovers of the doctrines of grace.